Getting to School
GETTING TO SCHOOL
Morning Drop off - students in grades 1-5 can be dropped off beginning at 7:30 A.M. on the upper yard. (There is NO supervision before 7:30 A.M.) TK/Kindergarten parents must park and walk their children to the kindergarten yard. Supervision in the kindergarten yard begins at 7:30 A.M.
Chaparral encourages students and parents to walk to school whenever possible. This practice not only promotes good health but helps alleviate traffic congestion in the morning and afternoon. Please help your child plan a walking route that is safe. Children should cross the street at designated crosswalks, especially on Liberty Bell Road. Encourage your child to walk in a group.
Riding a bike to school is another healthy alternative. 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders may ride bicycles to school. Once they reach school grounds, students must WALK their bike to the bicycle rack. There is a bike rack where you can safely lock up your bicycle located on the upper level outside of Room 9. All children are required by law to wear helmets.
SCHOOL BUS SERVICE
The City of Calabasas and LVUSD provide a school bus service to Chaparral students. The application link is here.
The streets adjacent to Calabasas can become very congested during morning drop off and afternoon pick-up periods. We encourage using other modes of transportation if at all possible. See information below.
The traffic and safety rules have been designed with your child's safety in mind. We encourage parents to carpool or have their children walk to school to reduce traffic congestion. A teacher or staff member will be on duty to supervise the morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times. Two traffic crossing guards will also be on duty at the two street corners closest to Chaparral.
Driving Your Child to School
CHILDREN SHOULD ENTER AND EXIT THE CAR ONLY AT CURBSIDE. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE PARK.
AM Drop Off
- There is a drop off zone at the white curbed area at the upper gate. Please drive as far forward as possible before having your children get out of the car.
- Do not block the driveway.
- Please do not allow your child to exit your car on the grassy area.
- Say your goodbyes BEFORE arriving at the drop off site so that drop offs can be expedited.
- You may use the white curbed area on Liberty Bell Road, either above or below the school driveway for pick-up.
- Please do not block the driveway.
- Passenger Loading Zone Periods
- The curbed area above the school driveway on Liberty Bell Road is for loading and unloading only from 7:40 A.M. - 8:30 A.M and from 2:00 P.M - 3:00 P.M. NOTE: DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE PARKING LOT TO DROP CHILDREN OFF OR PICK THEM UP - EVEN IF IT'S RAINING!
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE STAFF PARKING LOT.
- Please DO NOT drive into the staff parking lot during drop off and pick up.
- DO NOT use the visitor spots during drop off or pick up.
- DO NOT park in the red emergency zones.